Followers

Monday, June 28, 2010

All about us!

Hello fans of fabulous felines! Welcome to Purrrsonal Thoughts!


I hope you love the look of my new blog as much as I do. It`s just filled with catitude don`t you think? Kind of like me!

Since this is my first official entry in my very own blog I thought it would be nice to introduce myself. Some good canine friends of mine Lilac, Blueberry, Bunny and Morgan too over at TALES & TAILS did this on their blog and I thought it was the cat’s pajamas! So here we go-All about Me!

Pardon? Oh. Well yes I suppose this should be all about US but truly I am not fond of that Lucius fellow and I feel his name being added to my blog should….. *Sighs* Very well, I`ll share the blog with the tiny little interloper but I will NOT change the background!! A queenly cat such I as can compromise as long as our demands are duly noted. So here it is then, all about US. Egad the things I have to put up with!


THE BASICS

NAME & AGE

Lu-Lu-My name is Lu-Lu and I`m a year old, although ladies usually don`t tell their age. Actually rumor has it that my people had a deuced time trying to think of a name for me. One day when I was about six weeks old it`s told that I did something silly (I find that hard to believe for I am never silly merely spirited) and Mister Yodeling said ‘Boy she`s a real Lu-Lu!’ Rumors can be unfounded though so if I were you I would not embrace that little folly of a tale.

Lucius-Hi!!! Wow this is neat! I like this place a lot!! Oh yeah, my name is Lucius I think and I don`t know how old I am. But I`m cute!

Lu-Lu-*Rolls eyes dramatically*


BREED

Lu-Lu-I overheard the lady at the vet once say I was a domestic longhair mix. Personally I don`t feel that description captures my true effervescence and allure. I prefer to describe my breed as domestic longhair extraordinaire.

Lucius-What`s a breed? Oh! A shiny foil ball!!

NICKNAMES

Lu-Lu-As a refined feline I usually disdain the nicknames my humans use. Lu-Lu is a splendid name but as much as it mortifies me….well…..sometimes they call me kitten britches or New-Nurrs.

Lucius-Does cutie-patootie count as a nickname? It does!?! Whoopie!!!

Lu-Lu-Seriously do you see what I now have to endure blog readers??


WHERE`D YOU COME FROM?

Lu-Lu-I was born just down the road from where I live. My mother was a wild cat who had me and my brothers and sisters in our neighbor’s garage. One day when I was three weeks old the gentleman started up a very loud piece of equipment and it scared my mother terribly. She ran off in fright! The neighbor later found us scattered about his yard as Mister Yodeling helped him look for us. I was found under a riding lawnmower grass bag by Mister Yodeling after he heard my plaintive kitten meows. Out of six kittens only three were found, I was one of the lucky ones!

Lucius-I just came from that room where the dogs are sleeping! They`re fun! More fun than Miss Cranky-Puss over there!


FAVORITES

TOY

Lu-Lu-Oh I have oodles! I simply love my fluffy yellow ball! I also adore paper and aluminum balls! If I even hear paper being crunched up I just HAVE to go investigate! Do moths count as toys? I think they do so I`ll add moths as well. This is my favorite mothing spot! It`s hours of fun and really if the lamp gets knocked to the floor is it THAT big of a deal? Also people toes are a great source of enjoyment for me.



Lucius-I like people toes too!! And rugs and paper and dog tails and ping-pong balls and—

Lu-Lu-Moving on now thank you short-stuff!

SNACK

Lu-Lu-Whisker Lickins and Pounce Moist treats. I also like Baked Nacho Cheese Doritos.

Lucius-What`s a door-e-toe? Is it like a human toe?? Those are yummy and wriggle around!!

HUMAN

Lu-Lu-This is difficult. I have three humans that I`m rather fond of for different reasons but maybe my favorite human is Miss Yodeling. She is SO much fun!! I love to sneak up on her and leap on her feet! Sometimes when she takes a shower I sneak into the bathroom in stealth mode-which we cats excel at-and steal her clean socks! Humans are very entertaining!

Lucius-Ooooo I love all humans!! Yes I do! They hug me and cuddle me and call me cute little names and—

Lu-Lu-Must we REALLY continue with this?? Well fine! But I am now cross just so you know.


FUNNY STUFF


WORST HABIT

Lu-Lu-Truthfully I don`t feel I have bad habits, merely small foibles such as using furniture for scratching posts or digging in the cat box for long stretches of time. I mean there are things in that box that must be covered and covered well correct?! So if it takes fifteen minutes and a few cupfuls of litter cast around the floor under my box daily does that make it a bad habit? I concur.

Lucius-I`m too cute to have bad habits! Miss Cranky-Puss why are you choking? Do you have a fur-ball stuck????

EMBARRASSING MOMENT

Lu-Lu-Oh dear me, this one will surely make me blush to the very ends of my long whiskers I`m afraid! Possibly the most embarrassing thing to happen to me yet occurred when I was just a tiny little kitten. I was drinking from a bottle and after each bottle Mrs. Yodeling would roll me to my back and rub my full little belly while murmuring ‘Nani-Nani-Nani’ and I liked it!! Oh the shame of it all!!!

Lucius-One time, like just yesterday, I tried to jump on the pretty blond girl’s bed and a book fell on my head!!

WHAT`S YOUR FAMILY DYNAMIC LIKE?

Lu-Lu-This is a simple one. The cat rules the house. THIS cat shorty!!

Lucius-Wowzies talk about issues. I mean, uhm….Oh look tissues!!!!

WHAT IS YOUR HUMAN`S FAVORITE THING ABOUT YOU?

Lu-Lu-I would have to say it’s the way that I can irk them completely one moment then be in their laps purring the next. I keep them on their scrumptious toes!

Lucius-My cuteness factor of course!







Yours in devilment-

Lu-Lu & Lucius

6 comments:

  1. I want to get a cat again! Lu-Lu and Lucius, you have convinced me that I have no other choice.....now Sophie....she'll adjust, I'm sure?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Lu-Lu and Lucius, We just love your new blog! You are lucky that you are allowed to play on the computer. We arn't. But, sometimes like now, we sneak on!!

    We will be back to visit again. Just don't tell our mom!

    love, all the kitties from Misha's house!

    p.s. you type really good. It's hard to do with paws :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great Post, Lu-Lu and Lucius! I've enjoyed learning such personal things about both of you. I'm going to enjoy keeping up with you as you write your new blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice to see you both over here on the new blog! BOL! Miss Cranky Puss! Oh, Lu-Lu, you've got your paws full there!

    Bunny

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on your new blog, Lu-Lu and Lucius! Just remember Lu-Lu, that if you put Lucius in his place too hard, your human just may have him sleep with her and send you packing! I spent a good part of my first year snuggled up next to Mommy, so I know.
    Till next time!
    The DC

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you all for stopping in! Yes it is hard to type with paws Misha!

    I`ll try not to be too hard on Lucius, cats honor! Tee-hee, I had my whiskers crossed.

    Lu-Lu

    ReplyDelete