Followers

Wednesday, June 30, 2010

A rather purrrfect day!

Hello fans of fabulous felines!


Lu-Lu- Well here I am at the laptop and boy was today—

Lucius-Hi! Hi! Don`t forget me!!

Lu-Lu-If only I could. Go play with a dust bunny short-stuff.

Lucius-Okay!

Lu-Lu-Thank goodness, now where was I?? Oh yes, today was a busy day for us and a special day as well. All night I was up prowling…I mean pacing, just wondering if that goofy goatherder had remembered it was my birthday. She should have, I mean what other cat has such verve and catitude right?

*Lucius runs past with dust bunny in mouth*

Lu-Lu-I think I`ve made my point. Finally 4 AM rolled around and the zombie woman schlepped from her bedroom. She gifted me with a wonderful assortment of presents after her coffee kicked in.



I got a new blue collar. Personally we could have skipped the annoying little bell if you ask me. How am I supposed to catch birds with….Ah, I see. And I thought we cats were the sneaky ones! I also got a container of Pounce Moist treats, seafood medley. *Licks lips*Also there was a duo of crunchy balls for me to play with. Please note I said ME and not WE!

Lucius-I like the crunchy balls! They sound like paper! Are you mad again Miss Cranky Puss? Your ears are all flat to your head.



Lu-Lu-Please ignore the little beanie-head. So after I went in and out numerous times all morning in eager anticipation Miss Yodeling finally woke up. I had seen this box on the kitchen table and had smelled the goodies inside all night!! At first I thought it was a box of presents for the cat with all the sass but it turned out to be for the shelter cats, which is an ace in this fancy feline’s book!



Then it was time to go to the S.P.C.A.! I was more than ready to visit some way cool cats! Sadly neither Lucius nor I got to go. How unjust is that? Just because we only have one cat carrier and I refused to share it with HIM! Well I was quite cross let me tell you!!

Lucius-You`re always cross. I think we should call you Miss Cranky-Cross Puss. Look a ball of dog hair!!!!

Lu-Lu-He`s so easy to distract. Anyway my humans said I could explain the pictures in my own glorious words. It`s a small consolation but better than nothing I suppose. This is the entry for our local S.P.C.A., isn`t it lovely?



It appears they`re having a special on kitten adoptions. That makes me sad to think that so many cats need homes. I hope each and every kitten and cat finds a home just as good as mine!



Once inside you`re greeted by the resident shelter cat, and truly, who better to welcome humans in than a cat?? And a lovely one at that!



The lady behind the desk was most pleased for the donation made in the name of Life with Jack & Jill. Way to name blogs Sharon! Then a small tour of the cats that were up for adoption. Just look at all the felines needing homes!! Every single one would make a wonderful pet.




I`m sure all who read this have a humane society close to or in their hometown! If you can`t adopt a new cat or kitten or even a puppy or full grown dog, do make a donation of food, time or money. It really is a very worthwhile cause. And who knows! You may end up with a svelte feline full of wit just like me!

Lucius-Or me too! I was really glad my super nice goatherder family adopted me!! Even if I do have to put up with Madame Grumpy Spits-A-lot over there, if they hadn`t brought me in I could have ended up in one of them cages! Or maybe even worse! Although they could have skipped all them bath things. I don`t like those very much. Why are you snickering Miss Cranky-Cross Puss?

Lu-Lu-Oh just enjoying the memories is all! You looked like a drowned rat!

Lucius-Oh yeah?!? Well…you have a stinky litter box! Uh-huh, I said it! How`d you like that?!

Lu-Lu-Yes indeed! I am most chagrined and in awe of your skills with scathing come-backs. Kittens. They have so VERY much to learn. I may have to set aside some entries just to pass along my knowledge to the younger generation of fantastic and fabu felines! Well, that wraps up our day today in a neat little purrresent!



Yours in devilment-

Lu-Lu & Lucius

2 comments:

  1. They are begging people to adopt kittens here, too! I tried to talk Mom and Dad into getting me a kitten, but we got Morgan instead. Lucius, you can come over here if you like!

    Bunny

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, thanks for the invite Bunny! I`m not too worried about old Miss Crank-Puss though, she`ll come around!I hope all the kittens in every shelterfind good homes.

    Lucius

    ReplyDelete